Sunday, November 4, 2012
Student Problem #5: Unit J Concept 5
What is this problem about? This problem is about partial fraction decomposition with distinct factors. It's an algebraic skill important for integration in Calculus. It allows us to break fractions apart.
What must the reader pay close attention to in order to not make a mistake? The reader must make sure to see if the problem has any constant factors, if not - then the reader must use partial fraction decomposition with distinct factors. The first step displays the decomposed fraction. The second step displays how to add the decomposed fraction together using skills learned from Algebra 2. I multiplied the missing factors from the common denominator to the numerator of all the separated fractions and added them together. For the third step, I used put letters (a, b, c) on top of the fractions and multiplied the missing factors of the common denominator towards the numerator of all the fractions and equalled it to the result of step two. I then grouped the like terms together and set it equal to the like term letters and solved it. I solved this problem using substitution -> and then I plugged in the results into A, B, C (where they belonged) in the split up fractions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment